- Education Background
B.S. Ch.E. National Taiwan University,2005
M.S. Ch.E. Illinois Institute of Technology,2010
Ph.D. Chemistry Max Planck Institute,2016
Max Planck Institute for Solid State Research, Postdoctoral Fellow
Stanford University Postdoctoral Fellow
- Research Topic
Solid State Ionics
Our research focus on exploring and exploiting the material functionalities that are related to ions and electrons in solids. The relevant applications include energy and semiconductor devices.
Our interest lies on understanding the fundamentals of electrochemical reactions and developing electrocatalyst materials. Current topics include interfacial reactions, space charge effects, and electro-chemo-mechanics.
The research aims at tuning the electronic properties of ionic solids by controlling the lattice defects. Such a study is helpful to develop photodiode and memory devices that exhibit high performance and consume low energy.
- Recent Research Topic
- The Representative Publication Recent 5-years Publication
- C.-C. Chen, J. Maier, Increased Storage through Heterogeneous Doping. Chemistry of Materials, 30, 5041-5049. (2018)
- Qiubo Zhang, Zhe Shi, Kuibo Yin, Hui Dong, Feng Xu, Xinxing Peng, Kaihao Yu, Hongtao Zhang, C.-C. Chen, Ilia Valov, Haimei Zheng, Litao Sun, Spring-Like Pseudoelectroelasticity of Monocrystalline Cu2S Nanowire. Nano Letters, 18, 5070-5077 (2018).
- L. Fu, C.-C. Chen, J. Maier, Interfacial mass storage in nanocomposites. Solid State Ionics 318,54-59 (2018).
- C.-C. Chen, E. Navickas, J. Fleig, J. Maier, Kinetics of space charge storage in composites. Advanced Functional Materials, 28, 1705999 (2018).
- C.-C. Chen, J. Maier, Decoupling electron and ion storage and the path from interfacial storage to artificial electrodes. Nature Energy, 3, 102–108 (2018).
- C.-C. Chen, J. Maier, Synergistic silver storage in the composite RbAg4I5:graphite: Thermodynamics and kinetics. Solid State Ionics, 312, 97–105 (2017).
- R. M. L. McFadden, T. J. Buck, A. Chatzichristos, C.-C. Chen, D. L. Cortie, K. H. Chow, M. H. Dehn, V. L. Karner, D. Koumoulis, D. P. Levy, C. Li, I. McKenzie, R. Merkle, G. D. Morris, M. R. Pearson, D. Samuelis, M. Stachura, J.Xiao, J. Maier, R. F. Kiefl, W. A. MacFarlane. Microscopic dynamics of Li+ in rutile TiO2 revealed by 8Li β-Detected NMR. Chemistry of Materials, 10187–10197 (2017).
- C.-C. Chen, J. R. Selman, Anode modeling of a molten-carbonate based direct carbon fuel cell. Journal of Power Sources, 353, 312-322 (2017).
- C. Zhu, C. Wu, C.-C. Chen, P. Kopold, P. A. van Aken, J. Maier, Y. Yu, A high power-high energy Na3V2(PO4)2F3 sodium cathode: Investigation of transport parameters, rational design and realization. Chemistry of Materials, 29(12), 5207–5215 (2017).
- C.-C. Chen, J. Maier, Space charge storage in composites: thermodynamics. Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 19, 6379-6396 (2017).
- C.-C. Chen, L. Fu, J. Maier, Synergistic, ultrafast mass storage and removal in artificial mixed conductors. Nature, 536, 159–164 (2016).