- Education Background
B.S. Ch.E. National Taiwan University,1995
Ph.D. Ch.E. University of Birmingham,2001
- Research Topic
Our interests focus on characterizing the physical properties of the particles and modify the corresponding properties for specific unit operations in industry.
Our interest lies on the study of under-standing the solid-fluid interaction mechanisms in fluidization and develop new industrial applications based on fluidization. Current topics include bio-mass pyrolysis, perforated plate designs and gaseous pollutant treatments.
Simulation of Granular and Multi-phase Flows
Discrete Element Method (DEM) and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) are utilized to understand the funda-mentals of the granular and multiphase flows. These tools are also used for in-dustrial process designs and improveme.
- Recent Research Topic
- 109學年度「陳芳燦講座」講座學者 (2020)
- Execute Editor, Advanced Powder Technology, the Society of Powder Technology, Japan (2018/01/01- now)
- Organizing Committee, the 7th International Conference on the Characterization and Control of Interfaces for High Quality Advanced Materials (ICCCI2022), 5-8 July, 2022 Fujiyoshida, Japan.
- Scientific Committee, the 10th International Symposium on Mixing in Industrial Processes (ISMIP10), 29 June-2 July, 2020, Kobe, Japan.
- Organizing Committee, the 6thInternational Conference on the Characterization and Control of Interfaces for High Quality Advanced Materials (ICCCI 2018) and the 54th Summer Symposium on Powder Technology, 9-12 July, 2018, Kurashiki, Japan.
- Chair, 7thAsian Particle Technology Symposium, 30 July-3 August, 2017, Taoyuan, Taiwan.
- 長庚大學2016, 2019優良教師獎
- 指導學生王煦宸同學，獲得2019 年台灣化學工程學會66 週年年會英語口頭報告競賽優勝
- 指導學生王萱同學，獲2018 年台灣化學工程學會65週年年會壁報論文競賽-佳作
- 指導學生鄭東欣同學，獲2017 年台灣化學工程學會64週年年會壁報論文競賽-傑出論文獎
- The Representative Publication Recent 5-years Publication
- Kuo, H.P., et al., “CIGS Absorber Preparation by Non-vacuum Particle-based Screen Printing and RTA Densification.”Applied Energy, 2016. 164: p. 1003-1011.
- Kuo, H.P., W.T. Tseng, and A.N. Huang, “Controlling of Segregation in Rotating Drums by Independent End Wall Rotations.”KONA Powder and Particle Journal, 2016. 33: p. 239-248.
- Huang, A.N. and H.P. Kuo, “CFD Simulation of Particle Segregation in a Rotating Drum. Part I: Eulerian Solid Phase Kinetic Viscosity.”Advanced Powder Technology, 2017. 28(9): p. 2094-2101.
- Huang, A.N., et al., “Influence of a Laminarizer at the Inlet on the Classification Performance of a Cyclone Separator.”Separation and Purification Technology, 2017. 174: p. 408-416.
- Huang, A.N., et al., “Effect of Cold Air Stream Injection on Cyclone Performance at High Temperature.”Separation and Purification Technology, 2017. 183: p. 293-303.
- Kuo, H.P., B.R. Hou, and A.N. Huang, “The Influences of the Gas Fluidization Velocity on the Properties of Bio-oils from Fluidized Bed Pyrolyzer with In-line Distillation.”Applied energy, 2017. 194: p. 279-286.
- Kuo, H.P., et al., “Photocatalytic Degradation of Toluene in a Staged Fluidized Bed Reactor Using TiO2/silica Gel.”Korean Journal of Chemical Engineering, 2017. 34(1): p. 73-80.
- Fukasawa, T., et al., “Component Separation in a Vibrating Fluidized Bed Based on Differences in Agglomeration Properties of Particles.”Journal of Chemical Engineering of Japan, 2018. 51(7): p. 576-583.
- Hsu, W.Y., A.N. Huang, and H.P. Kuo, “Analysis of Interparticle Forces and Particle-Wall Interactions by Powder Bed Pressure Drops at Incipient Fluidization.”Powder Technology, 2018. 325: p. 64-68.
- Huang, A.N., et al., “Production and Separation of Rice Husk Pyrolysis Bio-oils from a Fractional Distillation Column Connected Fluidized Bed Reactor.”Powder Technology, 2018. 323: p. 588-593.
- Huang, A.N., et al., “Effects of Particle Mass Loading on the Hydrodynamics and Separation Efficiency of a Cyclone Separator.”Journal of the Taiwan Institute of Chemical Engineers, 2018. 90: p. 61-67.
- Huang, A.N., et al., “Classification Performance Analysis of a Novel Cyclone with a Slit on the Conical Part by CFD Simulation.”Separation and Purification Technology, 2018. 190: p. 25-32.
- Huang, A.N. and H.P. Kuo, “CFD Simulation of Particle Segregation in a Rotating Drum. Part II: Effects of Specularity Coefficient.”Advanced Powder Technology, 2018. 29(12): p. 3368-3374.
- Kuo, H.P., Y.N. Yang, and A.N. Huang, “A Kinetic Study of CFB Boiler Separated Bottom Ashes During the Steam Hydration Reaction.”Journal of the Taiwan Institute of Chemical Engineers, 2019. 94: p. 124-128.
- Lin, C.Y., et al., “Stage-wise Characterization of the High Shear Granulation Process by Impeller Torque Changing Rate.”Advanced Powder Technology, 2019. 30(8): p. 1513-1521.
- Hsu, W.Y., et al., “Approach the powder contact force, voidage, tensile stress, wall frictional stress and state diagram of powder bed by simple pressure drop monitoring.” Advanced Powder Technology, 2020. 31(1): p. 433-438.
- Huang, A.N., et al., “A study of the axial and radial competition segregation in a rotating drum with internal diameter changing.” AIChE Journal, 2020. 66(5):e16921..
- Huang, A.N., et al., “Transition from binder to matrix-forming: the effect of hydroxypropylmethylcellulose concentration on the properties of starch/hydroxypropylmethylcellulose granules prepared in a high shear granulator.” Journal of the Taiwan Institute of Chemical Engineers, 2020. 113: p. 46-55.
- Huang, A.N., et al., “DEM study of particle segregation in a rotating drum with internal diameter variations.” Powder Technology, 2021. 379(A): p. 430-440.