- Education Background
B.S. Ch.E. National Taiwan University,1995
Ph.D. Ch.E. University of Birmingham,2001
- Research Topic
Our interests focus on characterizing the physical properties of the particles and modify the corresponding properties for specific unit operations in industry.
Our interest lies on the study of under-standing the solid-fluid interaction mechanisms in fluidization and develop new industrial applications based on fluidization. Current topics include bio-mass pyrolysis, perforated plate designs and gaseous pollutant treatments.
Simulation of Granular and Multi-phase Flows
Discrete Element Method (DEM) and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) are utilized to understand the funda-mentals of the granular and multiphase flows. These tools are also used for in-dustrial process designs and improveme.
- Recent Research Topic
- Editor/Execute Editor, Advanced Powder Technology (2010- now)
- 科技部優秀年輕學者計畫 (2017)
- Guest Editor, Journal of Taiwan Institute of Chemical Engineers (2017)
- Chair, 7thAsian Particle Technology Symposium, 30 July-3 August, 2017, Taoyuan, Taiwan.
- 長庚大學2013, 2016, 2019優良教師獎
- The Representative Publication Recent 5-years Publication
- H.P. Kuo, P.C. Knight, D.J. Parker, Y. Tsuji, M.J. Adams, and J.P.K. Seville*, 2002, “The Influence of DEM Simulation Parameters on the Particle Behaviour in a V-mixer”, Chemical Engineering Science, 57, pp. 3621 – 3638.
- H.P. Kuo*, P.Y. Shih and R.C. Hsu, 2006, “Coupled axial-radial segregation in rotating drums with high fill levels”, AIChE Journal, 52(7), pp. 2422-2427.
- H.P. Kuo* and C. Y. Cheng, 2006, “Investigation of the bed types and particle residence time in a staged fluidised bed”, Powder Technology, 169, pp. 1-9.
- H.P. Kuo*, H.Z. Zhang and R.C. Hsu, 2008, “CFD modelling of a countercurrent staged fluidised bed”, Chemical Engineering Journal, 137(3), pp.664-676.
- H.P. Kuo*, M.Y. Chung, and C.C. Lin, 2009, “Design correlations for the optical performance of the particle-diffusing bottom diffusers in the LCD backlight unit”, Powder Technology, 192(1), pp.116-121.
- H.P. Kuo*, C.T. Wu and R.C. Hsu, 2009, “Continuous reduction of toluene vapours from the contaminated gas stream in a fluidised bed photoreactor”, Powder Technology, 195(1), pp. 50-56.
- A.N. Huang and H.P. Kuo*, 2012, “A study of the three-dimensional particle size segregation structure in a rotating drum”, AIChE Journal, 58(4), pp. 1076-1083.
- C.T. Wu, H.P. Kuo*, H.A. Tsai and W.C. Pan, 2012, “Rapid dye-sensitized solar cell working electrode preparation using far infrared rapid thermal annealing”, Applied Energy, 100, pp. 138-143.
- H. Yang, S. Kudo, H.P. Kuo, K. Norinaga, A. Mori, O. Masek, J. Hayashi*, 2013, “Estimation of enthalpy of bio-oil vapor and heat required for pyrolysis of biomass”, Energy & Fuels, 27(5), pp. 2675-2686.
- H.P. Kuo* and C.T. Wu, 2014, “Speed up dye-sensitized solar cell fabrication by rapid dye solution droplets bombardment”, Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, 120(A), pp. 81-86.
- A.N. Huang and H.P. Kuo*, 2014, “Developments in the tools for the investigation of mixing in particulate systems – A review”, Advanced Powder Technology, 25, pp. 163-173.
- H.P. Kuo*, C.F. Yang, A.N. Huang, C.T. Wu and W.C Pan, 2014, “Preparation of the working electrode of dye-sensitized solar cells: effects of screen printing parameters”, Journal of the Taiwan Institute of Chemical Engineers, 45(5), pp. 2340-2345.
- 郭修伯、黃安婗，2015，“你是風兒我是沙─流體化床”，科學發展月刊，513 期，9月號，pp. 10–15。
- H.P. Kuo*, B.R. Hou and A.N. Huang, 2017, “The influences of the gas fluidization velocity on the properties of bio-oils from fluidized bed pyrolyzer with in-line distillation”, Applied Energy, 194, pp. 279–286.
- A.N. Huang and H.P. Kuo*, 2017, “CFD simulation of particle segregation in a rotating drum. Part I: Eulerian solid phase kinetic viscosity”, Advanced Powder Technology, 28(9), pp. 2094–2101.
- A.N. Huang, C.P. Hsu, B.R. Hou and H.P. Kuo*, 2018, “Production and separation of rice husk pyrolysis bio-oils from a fractional distillation column connected fluidized bed reactor”, Powder Technology, 323, pp. 588–593.
- A.N. Huang and H.P. Kuo*, 2018, “CFD simulation of particle segregation in a rotating drum. Part II: Effects of specularity coefficient”, Advanced Powder Technology, 29(12), pp. 3368–3374.
- C.Y. Lin, H.C. Wang, W.Y. Hsu, A.N. Huang* and H.P. Kuo*, 2019, “Stage-wise characterization of the high shear granulation process by impeller torque changing rate”, Advanced Powder Technology, 30(8), pp. 1513–1521.
- W.Y. Hsu, A.N. Huang*, and H.P. Kuo*, 2020, “Approach the powder contact force, voidage, tensile stress, wall frictional stress and state diagram of powder bed by simple pressure drop monitoring”, Advanced Powder Technology, 31(1), pp. 433–438.
- A.N. Huang, T.H. Cheng and H.P. Kuo*, 2020 “A study of the axial and radial competition segregation in a rotating drum with internal diameter changing”, AIChE Journal, in press.