- Education Background
B.S.Ch.E.National Taiwan University,1976
Ph.D.Ch.E.Univ. of Wisconsin-Madison, 1984
- Research Topic
The electrochemical technology has been applied extensively to many fields such as plating, surface finishing, corrosion, battery, sensors, wastewater treatment, electronic industry, etc. Our research is on applying the fundamental principles of electrochemical engineering and science to various electrochemical systems. In an electrochemical system it involves the electrode kinetics on the electrode surface, current flow in solution, fluid flow and mass transport of relevant species to surface, and chemical reactions if they happen, In our research the mathematical model of the electrochemical system is set up and compared with the experimental results. Recent studies include the electrochemical drug delivery and the simulation of lithium batteries.
Wastewater and Soil Treatments
The electrochemical techniques, such as electrolysis, electroflotation and electrocoagulation have been found to be useful for wastewater treatments. The metal recovery from dilute solutions by high specific surface-area electrodes, such as packed bed electrodes and fluidized bed electrodes, and the electrolytic destruction of toxic chemicals such as cynides have been studied in our laboratory. Currently the electrokinetic processing in porous media is being investigated, and it has potential application for the remediation of contaminated soils.
Spinning Processes in Electronic Materials Processing
The operation of spinning units, such as spin coating and spin-on-glass is quite important in semiconductor processing and other related fields. The study of the spin coating in the lithographic process, which involves many chemical engineering principles, is currently under way.
- Recent Research Topic
- The Representative Publication Recent 5-years Publication
- Yi-Sin Chou, King-Tsai Jeng, Shi-Chern Yen, (2017) “Characterization and electrochemical properties of graphite felt-based electrode,” Electrochimica Acta, 251 (2017) 109–118
- Yi-Sin Chou, Men-Han Huang, Ning-Yih Hsu, King-Tsai Jeng, Ruey-Yi Lee, Shi-Chern Yen, (2016) “Development of ring-shape supported catalyst for steam reforming of natural gas in small SOFC systems”, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 41, 12953-12961
- Yi-Sin Chou, Ning-Yih Hsu, King-Tsai Jeng, Kuan-Hsiang Chen, Shi-Chern Yen, (2016) “A novel ultrasonic velocity sensing approach to monitoring state of charge of vanadium redox flow battery”, Applied Energy 182, 253–259.
- Yi-Hung Liu, Chyun-Yaw Lin, Jui-Hsiung Huang, Shi-Chern Yen, (2016) “Particle removal performance and its kinetic behavior during oxide-CMP wastewater treatment by electrocoagulation”, Journal of the Taiwan Institute of Chemical Engineers 60 (2016) 520–524.
- Yi-Hung Liu, Chyun-Yaw Lin, Jui-Hsiung Huang, Shi-Chern Yen, (2015) “Particle removal performance and its kinetic behavior during oxide-CMP wastewater treatment by electrocoagulation”, J. of the Taiwan Institute of Chemical Engineers, 1–5. Available online 18 December 2015. (EI,SCI)
- Yi-Sin Chou, Shi-Chern Yen*, King-Tsai Jeng, (2015) “Fabrication of ruthenium thin film and characterization of its chemical mechanical polishing process”, Materials Chemistry and Physics 162, 477-486 (EI,SCI)
- M. R. Schoenberg, S. C. Yen, and T. W. Chapman, (2015) “Thermodynamics of Aqueous Sulfuric Acid up to 175 °C,” J. Solution Chem., 44:1339–1357 (EI,SCI)
- T. C. Chueh, C. H. Hu, and S. C. Yen, “Electrically Conductive Adhesives with Low Ag Content Prepared by Ag Self-Activated Plating and PEDOT:PSS,” J. of Electrochemical Society, 162 (1) D56-D61. (2015) (EI,SCI)
- Y. C. Wang, W. H. Lu, H. B. Chen, and S. C. Yen, “Synergetic Effect of Aluminum and Mo/Al Etching in Phosphoric Acid-Based Etchant with Nitric Acid,” J. of Electrochemical Society. 159 (2), D103-D107. (2012) (EI,SCI)