- Education Background
Professor, National Taiwan University, 2010-now
Research Scientist, Eastman Kodak Co. 1996-2001
Ph.D. MSE. Cornell University 1996 (advisor: Prof. Edward J. Kramer)
M.S. MSE. Cornell University 1991
B.S. Ch.E. Tunghai University 1986
- Research Topic
Synthesis of Conducting Block Copolymer
Polymeric solar cells have many advantages over conventional solar cells. However, the efficiency of polymeric solar cells is needed to improve for commercialization. Our approach is to create self-assemble hybrids of conducting block copolymers containing nanoparticles. By enhancing electron/hole separation, therefore the efficiency of solar cell is improved.
Patterning Metal and Semiconducting Nanoparticles with Block Copolymer Template
We use block copolymer as a template to form self-assembled nanostructure in which metal and semiconducting nanoparticles can be in-situ synthesized. 2D and 3D order nanostructure of the particles can be used in area of quantum dot, biosensor, high density storage media and near field optics.
Polymer Thin film Surface and Interface
Addition of block copolymers in a polymer alloy can greatly affect the property of alloy surface and interface. This goal of this research is to understand the effect of surface segregation and the adhesion mechanism of the macromolecules at the surface and interface.
- Recent Research Topic
1. Develop Precision Living Polymerization Method to Synthesize C60/Conducting Polymer Star and Miktoarm Star Polymers NSC100-2221-E-002-084-MY3，2011/08/01-2014/07/31
2. Investigation of Ecological Engineering Materials for Agricutural Waterway-I and II 2010/3/1-2011/12/31.
3. Bio-Compatible Auto-Focusing Artificial Eye 2008/11/1-2011/10/31.
4. Persuasive CO2 Reduction and Energy Conservation 2008/11/1-2011/10/31.
5. Study of Novel Rod-Coil Block Copolymers Synthesis, Hybrid Structure, and Self-Assembly Behavior NSC97-2221-E-002-064-MY3，2008/08/01-2011/07/31
6. Application of Artificial Muscle in Biomedicine NSC94-2218-E-002-076，2005/11/01-2008-10/31.
1. Invited Speaker in Taiwan-Russia Joint Symposium on Soft Mateials: Physics, Chemistry and Application, Nov 12-13, 2007, Hsin-Chu, Taiwan.
2. Invited Speaker in IUPAC World Polymer Congress-Macro2008 Symposium, June 29-July 4, 2008, Taipei, Taiwan.
3. Invited Speaker of Asia Excellence in 59th Society of Polymer Science, Japan (SPSJ), May 26-28, 2010, Yokohama, Japan.
- The Representative Publication Recent 5-years Publication
- Yi-Huan Lee, Wei-Chih Chen, Kuo-Chang Kau, Yu-Ping Lee, Wei-Shin Liou, Leeyih Wang,* and Chi-An Dai* “A New Strategy for Fabricating Organic Photovoltaic Devices with Stable D/A Double-Channel Network to Enhance Performance Using Self-Assembling All-Conjugated Diblock Copolymer” Nano Energy, 13, 103, 2015.
- Wei-Che Wu, Da-Ming Wang, Yu-Chen Lin, Chi-An Dai, Kuo-Chung Cheng, Mei-Shan Hu, and Bor-Shiunn Lee* “Hydrogen Bonds of a Novel Resin Cement Contribute to High Adhesion Strength to Human Dentin” Dental Mater. 32, 114, 2016.
- Chi-Ju Chiang, Yi-Huan Lee, Yu-Ping Lee, Guan-Ting Lin, Ming-Hao Yang, Leeyih Wang, Chih-Chen Hsieh,* and Chi-An Dai* “One-Step In Situ Hydrothermal Fabrication of D/A Poly(3-hexylthiophene)/TiO2 Hybrid Nanowires and Its Application in Photovoltaic Devices” J. Mater. Chem. A. 4, 908, 2016.
- Ching Shen, Yi-Huan Lee, Yu-Ping Lee, Chi-Ju Chiang, Fan-Kai Wei, Chia-Hung Wu, Kuo-Chang Kau, Hung-Wei Liu, Chih-Chen Hsieh,* Leeyih Wang, and Chi-An Dai,* “Self-Organization and Phase Transformation of All pi-Conjugated Diblock Copolymers and Its Applications in Organic Solar Cells” React. Funct. Polym. 108, 94, 2016.
- Bei-Kai Yang, Chi-An Dai, Chi-Ju Chiang, Chieh-Nan Lai, Chao-Cheng Hsu, and Jrjeng Ruan* “Influence of Dissolution Status in Eutectic Mixtures on Crystallization Routes of Semiconductive Polyalkylthiophenes” Cryst. Growth. Des. 16, 3143, 2016.
- Chuen-Yo Hsiow, Yu-Hsiang Lin, Rathinam Raja, Syang-Peng Rwei, Wen-Yen Chiu, Chi-An Dai, Leeyih Wang, “Modified Structure of Two-DimensionalPolythiophene Derivatives by Incorporating Electron-Deficient Units into Terthiophene-Vinylene Conjugated Side Chains and Polymer Back bone: Synthesis, Optoelecctronic and Self-Assembly Properties, and Photovoltaic Application” RSC Advances, 6, 67976, 2016.
- Chuen-Yo Hsiow,* Han-Ying Wang, Yu-Hsiang Lin, Rathinam Raja, Syang-Peng Rwei, Wen-Yen Chiu, Chi-An Dai, Leehih Wang* “Synthesis and Characterization of Two-Dimensional Conjugated Polymers Incorporating Electron-Deficient Moieties for Application in Organic Photovoltaics” Polymers 8, 382, 2016.
- Ankur Anand, Chia-Rung Liu, Ai-Chuan Chou, Wan-Hsuan Hsu, Rajesh Kumar Ulaganathan, Yi-Cheng Lin, Chi-An Dai, Fan-Gang Tseng, Chien-Yuan Pan,* and Yit-Tsong Chen,* “Detection of K+ Efflux from Stimulated Cortical Neurons by an Aptamer-Modified Silicon Nanowire Field-Effect Transistor” ACS Sensor, 2, 69, 2017.
- Po-Jen Shih, Chun-Ju Huang, Tzu-Han Huang, Hung-Chou Lin, Jia-Yush Yen, I-Jong Wang, Hui-Jyun Cao, Wen-Pin Shih and Chi-An Dai “Estimation of the corneal Young’s modulus in vivo based on a fluid-filled spherical-shell model with Scheimpflug imaging” J. of Ophthalmology, 5410143, 2017.
- Chueh-Hung Wu, Ming-Kuan Sun, Jay Shieh, Chuin-Shan Chen, Chang-Wei Huang, Chi-An Dai, Shu-Wei Chang, Wen-Shiang Chen, Tai-Horng Young, “Ultrasound-responsive NIPAM-based hydrogels with tunable profile of controlled release of large molecules” Ultrasonics, 83, 157, 2018.
- Cheng-Hsi Weng, Cheng-Chuan Lin, Fu-Cheng Tsai, Chi-An Dai, Fu-Ling Yang, Wen-Pin Shih,* and Pei-Zen Chang “Photo-controllable contact angle hysteresis on an artificial Azo-IPN petal” Mater. Lett. 218, 81, 2018. (SCI) (IF: 2.572, 2016)
- Yu-Ping Lee, Chi-Ju Chiang, Pin-Chia Jen, Bo-Ting Chou, Leeyih Wang, Yao-Yi Cheng, Yi-Huan Lee,* Yi-Fan Chen, Chih-Chen Hsieh, and Chi-An Dai* “Synergistic In Situ Hybrid Synthesis of Highly Crystalline P3HT/ZnO Nanowires at Elevated Pressures” ACS Appl. Energy. Mater. 1, 1930, 2018. (SCI) (IF:5.711)
- Yu-Ping Lee, Hsin-Yu Liu, Po-Chun Lin, Yi-Huan Lee, Leng-Rong Yu, Chih-Chen Hsieh, Po-Jen Shih, Wen-Pin Shih, I-Jong Wang,* Jia-Yush Yen, and Chi-An Dai* “Facile Fabrication of Superporous and Biocompatible Hydrogel Scaffolds for Artificial Corneal Periphery” Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 175, 26, 2019. (SCI) (IF: 3.997)
- 1Chien-Hsin Wu, Yu-Ru Lin, Shih-Chieh Yeh, Ya-Chin Huang, Kuo-Hua Sun, Yeng-Fong Shih, Wen-Chiung Su, Chi-An Dai, Shenghong A. Dai,* and Ru-Jong Jeng* “A Facile Synthetic Route to Ether Diols Derived from 1,1-Cyclopentylenylbisphenol for Robust Cardo-Type Polyurethanes” Macromolecules, 52, 959, 2019. (SCI)
- Yu-Ping Lee, Ming-Wei Liu, Jia-Kuan Qin, Yi-Huan Lee,* Yi-Lung Yang, Leeyih Wang, Yao-Yi Cheng, Yi-Fan Chen, Wen-Yu Liu, Chih-Chen Hsieh, and Chi-An Dai* “Long-Term Thermally Stable Nanoconfining Networks for Efficient Fully Conjugated Semicrystalline/Amorphous Diblock Copolymer Photovoltaics” Org. Electron. 69, 263, 2019. (SCI)
- Yu-Jui Wang, Chi-An Dai, Jia-Han Li* “Numerical Study of Tunable Photonic Nanojets Generated by Biocompatible Hydrogel Core-Shell Microspheres for Surface-enhanced Raman Scattering Applications” Polymers 11, 431, 2019. (SCI)
- Yoshihiro Ohta, Yuji Abe, Kenta Hoka, Eisuke Baba, Yu-Ping Lee, Chi-An Dai, Tsutomu Yokozawa,* “Synthesis of Amphiphilic, Janus Diblock Hyperbranched Copolyamides and Their Self-Assembly in Water” Polymer Chemistry, 10, 4246, 2019. (SCI)
- Yu-Ping Lee, Chieh-Chuan Lin, Chih-Chung Hsiao, Po-An Chou, Yao-Yi Cheng, Chih-Chen Hsieh,* and Chi-An Dai* “Nanopiezoelectric Devices for Energy Generation Based on ZnO Nanorods/Flexible-Conjugated Copolymer Hybrids Using All-Wet Coating Processes” Micromachines, 11, 14, 2020. (SCI)