- Education Background
B.S. Ch.E. National Taiwan University 1977
M.S. Ch.E. Kansas State University 1981
M.S. Stat. Kansas State University 1983
Ph.D. Ch.E. Kansas State University 1984
- Research Topic
Colloid and Surface Science
The research interests are motivated by phenomena important to water and wastewater treatment. These include the adsorption of polymer molecules to solid-liquid interface, floccualtion, and interactions between colloidal particles. Typical subjects include: (1) The kinetic behavior of the adsorption of polymer, taking the effects of the interaction between adsorbed molecles and their conformation into account. (2) The aggregation of polymer- attached particles. (3) The interaction forces between particles, such as van der Waals force, electrostatic force, and hydrodynamic force. The solution to the Poisson-Boltzmann equation under general conditions are discussed, and the relevant thermodynamic properties of electrical double layer are investigated. (4) Estimation of the optimal polymer dosage and the corresponding critical coagulation concentration of electrolytes.
- Recent Research Topic
1.Electrophoresis of a sphere in a spherical cavity filled with Newtonian or Carreau fluid (3/3)球在充滿牛頓或卡羅流體之球形孔動中的電泳(3/3) Hsu, Jyh-Ping, sponsored by National Science Council, NT NT1,421,000, 08/01/2009-07/31/2010.
2.Diffusiophoresis of Colloidal Particles: Theory and Experiment (1/3) 膠體粒子擴散泳行為的探討:理論與實驗(1/3) Hsu, Jyh-Ping, sponsored by National Science Council, NT884,000, 08/01/2009-07/31/2010.
- 英國皇家化學學會會士 (終生)
- 台灣化工學會會士, 2013.
- 傑出人才基金會傑出人才講座, 2013-2016.
- 分散相系統實驗室 (徐治平教授主持) 發表論文(Ionic Current Rectification in a pH-tunable Polyelectrolyte Brushes Functionalized Conical Nanopore: Effect of Salt Gradient, Anal. Chem., 88, 1176, 2016)獲選刊登在Analytical Chemistry期刊封面
- 臺大講座教授, 2016-2019
- The Representative Publication Recent 5-years Publication
- Hsu, J.P., Y.M. Chen, S.T. Yang, C.Y. Lin, and S. Tseng, “Influence of Salt Valence on the Ionic Current Rectification Behavior of a Conical Nanochannel”, J. Colloid Interface Sci., 531, 483-492 (2018). (SCI,EI)
- Hsu, J.P., Y.C. Chen, Y.M. Chen, and S. Tseng, “Influence of Temperature and Electroosmotic Flow on the Rectification Behavior of Conical Nanochannels”, J. Taiwanese I. Ch. E., 93, 142-149 (2018). (SCI,EI)
- Lee, Y.J., Y.J. Chang, D.J. Lee, J.P. Hsu, “Water Stable Metal-organic Framework as Adsorbent from Aqueous Solution: A mini-review”, J. Taiwanese I. Ch. E., 93, 176-183 (2018). (合著) (SCI,EI)
- Hsu, J.P., Y.Y. Chu, C.Y. Lin, S.T. Yang, and S. Tseng, “Ion Transport in a pH-Regulated Conical Nanopore Filled with a Power-law Fluid”, J. Colloid Interface Sci., 537, 358-365 (2019). (SCI,EI)
- Hsu, J.P., T.C. Su, C.Y. Lin, and S. Tseng, “Power Generation from a pH-regulated Nanochannel through Reverse Electrodialysis: Effects of Nanochannel Shape and Non-uniform H+ Distribution”, Electrochimica Acta, 294, 84-92 (2019). (SCI,EI)
- Hsu, J.P., S.T. Yang, C.Y. Lin, and S. Tseng, “Voltage-controlled Ion Transport and Selectivity in a Conical Nanopore Functionalized with pH-tunable Polyelectrolyte Brushes”, J. Colloid Interface Sci., 537, 496-504 (2919). (SCI,EI)
- Lin, T.W., J.P. Hsu, C.Y. Lin, and S. Tseng, “Dual pH-gradient and Voltage Modulation of Ion Transport and Current Rectification in Biomimetic Nanopores Functionalized with pH-tunable Polyelectrolyte“, J. Phys. Chem. C, 123, 12437-12443 (2019) (Cover Story). (SCI,EI)
- Hsu, J.P., Y.M. Chen, C.Y. Lin, and S. Tseng, “Electrokinetic Ion Transport in an Asymmetric Double-Gated Nanochannel with a pH-Tunable Zwitterionic Surface”, PCCP, 21, 7773-7780 (2019). This article is part of the themed collection: 2019 PCCP HOT Articles (SCI,EI)
- Yang, J.T., Y.C. Kuo, I.Y. Chen, R. Rajesh, Y.I. Lou, and J.P. Hsu, “Protection against Neurodegeneration in the Hippocampus Using Sialic Acid- and 5‑HT-Moduline-Conjugated Lipopolymer Nanoparticles”, ACS Biomaterials Science & Engineering, 5, 1311-1320 (2019). (SCI,EI)
- Lin, C.Y., E.T. Acar, J.W. Polster, K. Lin, J.P. Hsu, and Z.S., Siwy, “Modulation of Charge Density and Charge Polarity of Nanopore Wall by Salt Gradient and Voltage”, ACS Nano, 13, 9868-9879 (2019). (SCI,EI)
- Ren, Y.J., H.Y. Du, C.Y. Du, J. Chen, W. Li, W. Qiu, J.P. Hsu, and J.Z. Jiang, “Influence of Oxygen Adsorption on the Chemical Stability and Conductivity of Transition Metal Ceramic Coatings: First-principle Calculations”, App. Sur. Sci., 495, 143530 (2019). (SCI,EI)
- Kuo, Y.C., R. Rajesh, and J.P. Hsu, “Electrophoretic Mobility of Neuron-like Cells Regenerated from iPSCs with Induction of Retinoic acid- and Nerve Growth Factor-loaded Solid Lipid Nanoparticles”, J. Taiwanese I. Ch. E., 103, 167-176 (2019). (SCI,EI)
- Huang, W.C. and J. P. Hsu, “Regulating the Ionic Current Rectification Behavior of Branched Nanochannels by Filling Polyelectrolytes”, J. Colloid Interface Sci., 557, 683-690 (2019). (SCI,EI)
- Hsu, J.P., T.C. Su, P.H. Peng, S.C. Hsu, M.J. Zheng, L.H. Yeh, “Unraveling the Anomalous Surface-Charge-Dependent Osmotic Power Using a Single Funnel-Shaped Nanochannel“, ACS Nano, 13, 13374-13381 (2019). (SCI,EI)
- Weng, Y.T, H.W. Liu, A. Pei, F.F. Shi, H. Wang, S. Lin, S.S. Huang, L.Y. Su, J.P. Hsu, C.C. Fang, Y. Cui, and N.L. Wu, “An Ultrathin Ionomer Interphase for High-Efficiency Li Anode in Carbonate-Based Electrolyte”, Nature Commun., 10, 5824 (2019). (SCI,EI) (合著)
- Lin, C.Y., T. Ma, Z.S. Siwy, S. Balme, and J.P. Hsu, “Tunable Current Rectification and Selectivity Demonstrated in Nanofluidic Diodes through Kinetic Functionalization”, J. Phys. Chem. Lett., 11, 60-66 (2020). (SCI,EI)
- Lin, T.W. and J.P. Hsu, “Pressure-Driven Energy Conversion of Conical Nanochannels: Anomalous Dependence of Power Generated and Efficiency on pH”, J. Colloid Interface Sci., in press. (SCI,EI)
- Wang C.Y., Y.J. Lee, J.P. Hsu, and D.J. Lee, “Phosphate or Arsenate Modified UiO-66-NO2: Amorphous Mesoporous Matrix”, J. Taiwanese I. Ch. E, in press. (合著)
- Hsu, J.P., Y.C. Chen, and C.T. Wu, “Detection of the Trace Level of Heavy Metal Ions by pH-regulated Conical Nanochannels”, J. Taiwanese I. Ch. E, in press, 2020/02/11.
- Yen, W.K., W.C. Huang, and J.P. Hsu, “Ion Current Rectification Behavior of a Nanochannel Having Nonuniform Cross Section”, Electrophoresis, accepted.