- Education Background
B.S. in Chemical Engineering, National Taiwan University, 2004
Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, National Taiwan University, 2010
Postdoc in Materials Science and Engineering, University of Washington, 2011-2016
- Research Topic
Solution processable organic/organic-inorganic hybrid materials have attracted increasing research interests in recent years due to their respectable compatibility for soft electronic applications and mass production. Our research focuses on the exploitation of solution processable organic/organic-inorganic hybrid semiconductors and the investigation of their structure-property relationship and associated opto-physical properties. With the fundamental understanding of material properties, we extend our knowledge to various kinds of printable opto-electronic devices including light-emitting diodes (LEDs), field-effect transistors (FETs), memory, and solar cells. Through the integrated and comprehensive studies including material exploration as well as interface/device engineering, we aim to develop novel solutions for the next generation printable opto-electronics and contribute to this society.
- Recent Research Topic
- 2017-2019 “Merit Pay Award for Distinguished Scholars (延攬特殊優秀人才獎勵)” from Ministry of Science and Technology, Taiwan.
- 2019 Master students, Chiung-Han Chen & Ming-Yun Liao won the prize of “Best Poster Award – Bronze Medal” in the contest of “Pine Special Projects (松柏優秀學士專題競賽)” and the prize of “Honorable mention” in the contest of “The 2019 Bachelor Degree Thesis Award (學士論文競賽)”
2018 Master student, Chang-Hung Tsai, won the prize of “Master’s Thesis Award” from “NTU Lam Research Award (台灣大學科林論文獎)”
- 2018 Master students, Chia-Hsin Lee, Chih-I Chen, and Chiung-Han Chen won the “HONARABLE MENTION AWARD” in the Oral Competition Sessions in “65th TwICHE”.
- 2018 Master student, Chiung-Han Chen, won the prize of “Certificate of Altruistic Award” from College of Engineering in National Taiwan University
- The Representative Publication Recent 5-years Publication
- C. H. Chen, Z. Li, Q. Xue*, Y. A. Su, C. C. Lee, H. L. Yip*, W. C. Chen, C. C. Chueh*, “Engineering of Perovskite Light-Emitting Diodes Based on Quasi-2D Perovskites Formed by Diamine Cations”, Org. Electronics. 2019, 75, 105400.
- C. C. Lee, C. I. Chen, C. T. Fang, P. Y. Huang, Y. T. Wu*, C. C. Chueh*, “Improving Performance of Perovskite Solar Cells Using Helicenes with Stable Partial Biradical Characters as the Hole-Extraction Layers”, Adv. Funct. Mater. 2019, 29, 1808625.
- C. H. Li, C. C. Tsai, M. Y. Liao, Y. A. Su, S. T. Lin, C. C. Chueh*, “Stable, Color-Tunable 2D SCN-based Perovskites: Revealing the Critical Influence of Asymmetric Pseudo-Halide on Constituent Ions”, Nanoscale 2019, 11, 2608-2616.
- C. C. Lee, C. I. Chen, Y. T. Liao, Kelvin C. W. Wu*, C. C. Chueh*, “Enhancing Efficiency and Stability of Photovoltaic Cells by Using Perovskite/Zr-MOF Heterojunciton Including Bilayer and Hybrid Structures”, Adv. Sci. 2019, 6, 1801715.
- Y. C. Hsieh, C. F. Wu, Y. T. Chen, C. T. Fang, C. S. Wang, C. H. Li, L. Y. Chen, M. J. Cheng, C. C. Chueh*, P. T. Chou*, Y. T. Wu*, “5,14-Diaryldiindeno[2,1-f:1′,2′-j]picene: A New Stable Helicene with A Partial Biradical Character” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2018, 140, 14357-14366.
- P. C. Lin, Y. T. Wong, Y. A. Su*, W. C. Chen, C. C. Chueh*, “Interlayer Modification Using Eco-Friendly Glucose-Based Natural Polymers in Polymer Solar Cells”, ACS Sustainable Chem. Eng. 2018, 6, 14621-14630.
- E. Ercan, J. Y. Chen, C. C. Shih, C. C. Chueh*, W. C. Chen*, “Influence of Polymeric Electrets on the Performance of Derived Hybrid Perovskite-Based Photo-memory Devices”, Nanoscale. 2018, 10, 18869-18877.
- C. H. Tsai, N. Li, C. C. Lee, H. C. Wu, Z. L. Zhu*, L. D. Wang, W. C. Chen, H. Yan*, C. C. Chueh*, “Efficient and UV-Stable Perovskite Solar Cells Enabled by Side Chain-Engineered Polymeric Hole-Transporting Layers” J. Mater. Chem. A 2018, 6, 12999-13004.
- Y. T. Hsieh, J. Y. Chen, S. Fukuta, P. C. Lin, T. Higashihara, C. C. Chueh*, W. C. Chen*, “Realization of Intrinsically Stretchable Organic Solar Cells Enabled by Charge-Extraction Layer and Photoactive Material Engineering”, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces. 2018, 10, 21712-21720.
- C. H. Tsai, Y. A. Su, P. C. Lin, C. C. Shih, H. C. Wu, W. C. Chen, C. C. Chueh*, “High-Performance Ternary Polymer Solar Cells Using Wide Bandgap Biaxially-Extended Octithiophene-Based Conjugated Polymers”, J. Mater. Chem. C 2018, 6, 6920-6928.