- Education Background
B.S. in Chemical Engineering, National Taiwan University, 2004
Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, National Taiwan University, 2010
Postdoc in Materials Science and Engineering, University of Washington, 2011-2016
- Research Topic
Solution processable organic/organic-inorganic hybrid materials have attracted increasing research interests in recent years due to their respectable compatibility for soft electronic applications and mass production. Our research focuses on the exploitation of solution processable organic/organic-inorganic hybrid semiconductors and the investigation of their structure-property relationship and associated opto-physical properties. With the fundamental understanding of material properties, we extend our knowledge to various kinds of printable opto-electronic devices including light-emitting diodes (LEDs), field-effect transistors (FETs), memory, and solar cells. Through the integrated and comprehensive studies including material exploration as well as interface/device engineering, we aim to develop novel solutions for the next generation printable opto-electronics and contribute to this society.
- Recent Research Topic
- Student, Chih-I Chen, won the winning prize of the poster presentation contest in “2019 Metal-Organic Frameworks Workshop in Taiwan”, 2019
- Student, Yen-Wen Huang, won the winning prize of the oral competition sessions in 66th TwICHE, 2019
- Student, Chang-Hung Tsai, won the prize of “Lam Research Award”, 2018
- Students, Chia-Hsin Lee, Chih-I Chen and Chiung-Han Chen, won the honorable mention award of the oral competition sessions in 65th TwICHE, 2018
- Student, Chiung-Han Chen, won the honorable mention award in the contest of “The 2019 Bachelor Degree Thesis Award” and the prize of best poster award – bronze medal – in the contest of “Pine Special Projects, 2019″
- The Representative Publication Recent 5-years Publication
- Y. C. Lin, F. H. Chen, Y. C. Chiang, C. C. Chueh*, W. C. Chen*, “Asymmetric Side-Chain Engineering of Isoindigo-based Polymers for Improved Stretchability and Applications in Field-Effect Transistors”, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces. 2019, 11, 34158-34170.
- C. I. Chen, S. Wu, Y. A. Lu, C. C. Lee, K. C. Ho, Z. Zhu*, W. C. Chen, C. C. Chueh*, “Enhanced Near-Infrared Photo-Response of Inverted Perovskite Solar Cells Through Rational Design of Bulk-Heterojunction Electron-Transporting Layer”, Adv. Sci. 2019, 6, 1901714.
- C. H. Chen, Z. Li, Q. Xue*, Y. A. Su, C. C. Lee, H. L. Yip*, W. C. Chen, C. C. Chueh*, “Engineering of Perovskite Light-Emitting Diodes Based on Quasi-2D Perovskites Formed by Diamine Cations”, Org. Electronics. 2019, 75, 105400.
- C. C. Lee, C. I. Chen, C. T. Fang, P. Y. Huang, Y. T. Wu*, C. C. Chueh*, “Improving Performance of Perovskite Solar Cells Using Helicenes with Stable Partial Biradical Characters as the Hole-Extraction Layers”, Adv. Funct. Mater. 2019, 29, 1808625.
- C. H. Li, C. C. Tsai, M. Y. Liao, Y. A. Su, S. T. Lin, C. C. Chueh*, “Stable, Color-Tunable 2D SCN-based Perovskites: Revealing the Critical Influence of Asymmetric Pseudo-Halide on Constituent Ions”, Nanoscale 2019, 11, 2608-2616.
- C. C. Lee, C. I. Chen, Y. T. Liao, Kelvin C. W. Wu*, C. C. Chueh*, “Enhancing Efficiency and Stability of Photovoltaic Cells by Using Perovskite/Zr-MOF Heterojunciton Including Bilayer and Hybrid Structures”, Adv. Sci. 2019, 6, 1801715.
- Y. C. Hsieh, C. F. Wu, Y. T. Chen, C. T. Fang, C. S. Wang, C. H. Li, L. Y. Chen, M. J. Cheng, C. C. Chueh*, P. T. Chou*, Y. T. Wu*, “5,14-Diaryldiindeno[2,1-f:1′,2′-j]picene: A New Stable Helicene with A Partial Biradical Character” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2018, 140, 14357-14366.
- P. C. Lin, Y. T. Wong, Y. A. Su*, W. C. Chen, C. C. Chueh*, “Interlayer Modification Using Eco-Friendly Glucose-Based Natural Polymers in Polymer Solar Cells”, ACS Sustainable Chem. Eng. 2018, 6, 14621-14630.