- Education Background
B.S. A.C. National Taiwan University, 1998
M.S. A.C. National Taiwan University, 2000
PhD. M.S.E. The University of Tokyo , Japan, 2005
- Research Topic
Synthesis and Application of Mesoporous Materials
Mesoporous materials have attracted much attention both in basic preparation and practical applications because of their large surface area, ordered structures, and uniform pore sizes. Our research focuses on the synthesis of such materials and we also attempt to apply these materials, in photo-electronic, energy, and bio-medicine applications. For the synthesis of the materials, we combine the bottom-up self-assembly chemistry with top-down lithographic technique to fabricate advanced functionalized mesoporous materials. The processes we used include both chemical synthesis and engineering fabrication. We therefore study the effects of various synthetic conditions on the phase transformation of mesostructures, the generation and analysis of mesostructures, and the functionalization of the obtained materials. For the application of the materials, we currently are interested in applying our materials in the following three areas: 1. Photo-electronic: Dye-sensitized solar cells. 2. Energy: Green energy, fuel cells. 3. Bio-medicine: Drug/gene delivery and controlled release. Based on the basic and practical researches, we hope that we not only produce new materials but also contribute to human health and environmental sustainability.
- Recent Research Topic
1.Design and synthesis of highly ordered multi-functionalized mesoporous silica nanomaterials for intracellular drug delivery and controlled release (2/2) 設計與合成高規則結構的多功能中孔徑氧化矽奈米材料並應用於細胞內的藥物傳遞與控制釋放 (2/2) Chia-Wen Wu, sponsored by the National Science Council Contract #NSC-97-2113-M-002-020-MY2, NT$1,926,000, 08/01/2009-7/31/2010.
2.Effective Energetic Applications of Perpendicular Nanoporous Titania and Platinum Thin-Film Materials: Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells (DSSCs) and Polymer Electrode Fuel Cells (PEFCs) 具有垂直奈米孔徑的二氧化鈦及白金薄膜材料於高效率的能源應用:色素 敏化太陽電池及燃料電池 Chia-Wen Wu, sponsored by the National Taiwan University (邁向頂尖大學計畫) Contract #98R0328, NT$1,000,000, 08/01/2009-07/31/2010.
- 榮獲2014 日本化學學會The Distinguished Lecture Award (最佳演說獎) for Inorganic Porous Materials
- 發表在期刊”Science and Technology of Advanced Materials (STAM)”上的文章獲選為Best Paper Award 2014
- SCI國際期刊Scientific Reports (Nature Publishing Group) (IF: 5.578) Editorial Board Member.
- SCI國際期刊Advanced Powder Technology (IF: 1.612) Editorial Board Member.
- 2016 Green Tech 東元科技創意競賽亞軍，2016
- The Outstanding Asian Researcher and Engineer Award in 2016.
- SCI國際期刊Journal of the Taiwan Institute of Chemical Engineers (IF: 4.217) Editorial Board Member, 2017.
- SCI國際期刊ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering (IF: 5.951) Editorial Board Member, 2018.
- The Representative Publication Recent 5-years Publication
- Madhan Vinu, Duraisamy Senthil Raja, Yue-Chun Jiang, Ting-Yu Liu, Ya-Yun Xie, Yi-Feng Lin,* Chun-Chuen Yang, Chia-Her Lin,* Saad M. Alshehri, Tansir Ahamad, Rahul R. Salunkhe, Yusuke Yamauchi, Yu-Heng Deng, and Kevin C.-W. Wu*. Effects of Structural Crystallinity and Defects in Microporous Al-MOF Filled Chitosan Mixed Matrix Membranes for Pervaporation of Water/Ethanol Mixtures. Journal of the Taiwan Institute of Chemical Engineers. 2017, accepted.
- Babasaheb M. Matsagar, Md. Shahriar A. Hossain, Md. Tofazzal Islam, Hatem R. Alamri, Zeid A. Alothman, Yusuke Yamauchi, Paresh L. Dhepe,* and Kevin C.-W. Wu*. Direct Production of Furfural in One-pot Fashion from Raw Biomass Using Brønsted Acidic Ionic Liquids. Scientific Reports. 2017, 7, 13508.
- Ching-Tien Chen, Chi Van Nguyen, Zheng-Yen Wang, Yoshio Bando, Yusuke Yamauchi, Amanullah Fatehmulla, Aslam Farooq, Takuya Yoshikawa, Takao Masuda, and Kevin C.-W. Wu*. Selective Transfer Oxidation of 5-Hydroxymethylfurfural (HMF) in Water under Mild Conditions. ChemCatChem. 2017, accepted.
- Yu-Pu Wang, Yu-Te Liao, Chia-Hung Liu, Jiashing Yu, Hatem R. Alamri, Zeid A. Alothman, Md. Shahriar A. Hossain, Yusuke Yamauchi, and Kevin C.-W. Wu*. Tri-functional Fe3O4/CaP/Alginate Core-Shell-Corona Nanoparticles for Magnetically Guided, pH-Responsive, and Chemically Targeted Chemotherapy. ACS Biomaterials Science & Engineering. 2017, 3(10), 2366-2374.
- Tzu-Yen Huang, Chung-Wei Kung, Yu-Te Liao, Sheng-Yuan Kao, Mingshan Cheng, Ting-Hsiang Chang, Joel Henzie, Hatem R. Alamri, Zeid A. Alothman, Yusuke Yamauchi,* Kuo-Chuan Ho* and Kevin C.-W. Wu*. Enhanced Charge Collection in MOF-525-PEDOT Nanotube Composite Enable Highly Sensitive Biosensing. Advanced Science. 2017, 4, 1700261. (IF: 9.034)
- Vediyappan Veeramani, Mani Sivakumar, Shen-Ming Chen,* Rajesh Madhu, Hatem R. Alamri, Zeid A. Alothman, Md. Shahriar A. Hossain, Ching-Kuo Chen, Yusuke Yamauchi, Nobuyoshi Miyamoto and Kevin C.-W. Wu*. Lignocellulosic Biomass-Derived, Graphene Sheet-like Porous Activated Carbon for Electrochemical Supercapacitor and Catechin Sensing. RSC Advances. 2017, 7, 45668-45675. (IF: 3.108)
- Yu-Te Liao, Chih-Hung Lee, Si-Tan Chen, Jui-Yang Lai,* and Kevin C.-W. Wu*. Gelatin-Functionalized Mesoporous Silica Nanoparticles with Sustained Release Properties for Intracameral Pharmacotherapy of Glaucoma. Journal of Materials Chemistry B. 2017, 5, 7008-7013. (IF: 4.543)
- Jeffrey E. Chen, Miao-Syuan Fan, Yen-Lin Chen, Yu-Heng Deng, Jung Ho Kim, Hatem R. Alamri, Zeid A. Alothman, Yusuke Yamauchi, Kuo-Chuan Ho,* and Kevin C.-W. Wu*. Prussian Blue-Derived Synthesis of Hollow Porous Iron Pyrite Nanoparticles as Platinum-Free Counter Electrodes for Highly Efficient Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells. Chemistry-A European Journal. 2017, 23(54), 13284-13288. (IF: 5.317)
- Saikat Dutta, Yusuf Valentino Kaneti*, Md. Shahriar A. Hossain, Muhammad J. A. Shiddiky, Kuo-Lun Tung, Fa-Kuen Shieh, Chia-Kuang Tsung, Kevin C.-W. Wu*, and Yusuke Yamauchi*. Strategies for Improving the Functionality of Zeolitic Imidazolate Frameworks: Tailoring Nanoarchitectures for Functional Applications. Advanced Materials. 2017, 29, 1700213 (IF: 18.96).
- Saikat Dutta, Jeonghun Kim, Yusuke Ide, Jung Ho Kim, Md. Shahriar A Hossain, Yoshio Bando, Yusuke Yamauchi,* and Kevin C.-W. Wu*. 3D Network of Cellulose-Based Energy Storage Devices and Related Emerging Applications. Materials Horizons. 2017, 4, 522-545. (IF: 9.095)
- Enamul Haque, Monirul Islam, Ehsan Pourazadi, Shuranjan Sarkar, Andrew T. Harris, Andrew I. Minett, Ekrem Yanmaz, Saad M. Alshehri,* Yusuke Ide, Kevin C.-W. Wu, Yusuf Valentino Kaneti,* Yusuke Yamauchi,* and Md. Shahriar A Hossain*. Boron Functionalized Graphene Oxide-Organic Frameworks for Highly Efficient CO2 Capture. Chemistry – An Asian Journal. 2017, 12, 283-288. (IF: 4.592)
- Yusuf Valentino Kaneti, Jing Tang, Rahul R. Salunkhe, Xuchuan Jiang, Aibing Yu, Kevin C.-W. Wu and Yusuke Yamauchi*. Nanoarchitectured Design of Porous Materials and Nanocomposites from Metal-Organic Frameworks. Advanced Materials. 2017, 29, 1604898. (IF: 18.96).
- Kyubin Shim, Jeonghun Kim, Yoon-Uk Heo, Bo Jiang, Cuiling Li, Mohammed Shahabuddin, Kevin C.-W. Wu, Md Shahriar A Hossain, Yusuke Yamauchi,* Jung Ho Kim* Synthesis and cytotoxicity of dendritic platinum nanoparticles with HEK-293 cells. Chemistry – An Asian Journal. 2017, 12, 21-26. (IF: 4.592).
- Oveisi Hamid, M. Adharvana Chari,* Chi Van Nguyen, Kevin C.-W. Wu* and Yusuke Yamauchi*. ZnO-Loaded Mesoporous Silica (KIT-6) as an Efficient Solid Catalyst for Production of Various Substituted Quinoxalines. Catalysis Communications. 2017, 90, 111-115. (IF: 3.389)
- Chi Van Nguyen, Yu-Te Liao, Ting-Cih Kang, Jeffrey E. Chen, Takuya Yoshikawa, Yuta Nakasaka, Takao Masuda, and Kevin C.-W. Wu*. A Metal-Free, High Nitrogen-Doped Nanoporous Graphitic Carbon Catalyst for an Effective Aerobic HMF-to-FDCA Conversion. Green Chemistry. 2016, 18, 5957-5961. (IF: 8.506)
- Yu-Heng Deng, Jung-Tsai Chen, Chia-Hao Chang, Kuo-Sung Liao, Kuo-Lun Tung,* William E. Price, Yusuke Yamauchi, and Kevin C.-W. Wu*. A Drying-Free, Water-Based Process for Fabricating Mixed Matrix Membranes with Outstanding Pervaporation Performance. Angewandte Chemie International Edition. 2016, 55, 12793-12796. (IF: 11.709)
- Nanasaheb D. Thorat*, Ragvendra Bohara, Syed A.M. Tofail, Zeid Abdullah Alothman*, Muhammad J. A. Shiddiky, Md Shahriar Hossain, Yususke Yamuchi and Kevin C.-W. Wu*. Superparamagnetic Gadolinium Ferrite Nanoparticles with Controllable Curie Temperature: Cancer Theranostics for MR Imaging Guided Magneto-Chemotherapy. European Journal of Inorganic Chemistry. 2016, 4586-4597. (IF: 2.686)
- Nei-Ling Liu, Saikat Dutta, Salunkhe R. Rahul, Tansir Ahamad, Saad M. Alshehri, Yusuke Yamauchi, Chia-Hung Hou,* and Kevin C.-W. Wu*. ZIF-8 Derived, Nitrogen-Doped Porous Electrodes of Carbon Polyhedron Particles: Framework Nitrogen and Hierarchical Porosity for High-Performance Electrosorption of Salt Ions. Scientific Reports. 2016, 6, 28847. (IF: 5.578)
- Nanasaheb D. Thorat, Raghavendra A. Bohara, Victor Malgras, Syed A.M. Tofail,Tansir Ahamad, Saad M. Alshehri,* Kevin C.-W. Wu* and Yusuke Yamauchi*. Multimodal Superparamagnetic Nanoparticles with Unusually Enhanced Specific Absorption Rate for Synergetic Cancer Therapeutics and Magnetic Resonance Imaging. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces. 2016, 8, 14656-14664. (IF: 7.145)
- Gitashree Darabdhara, Purna Kanta Boruah, Priyakshree Borthakur, Najrul Hussain, Manash R. Das*, Tansir Ahamad, Saad M. Alshehri, Victor Malgras, Kevin C.-W. Wu,* and Yusuke Yamauchi. Reduced graphene oxide nanosheets decorated with Au-Pd bimetallic alloy nanoparticles towards efficient photocatalytic degradation of phenolic compounds in water. Nanoscale. 2016, 8, 8276-8287. (IF: 7.394)