- Education Background
B.S. Ch.E. National Taiwan University 1983
Ph.D. Ch.E. Pennsylvania State University 1992
- Research Topic
Membrane Separation Technology
Membrane processes, an energy-efficient separation technology, are our major research area. We currently concentrate on fabrication of membranes for pervaporation and membrane distillation. The next step is to prepare low-fouling membranes for protein separation and water treatment by combining pore control and material modification techniques.
Another research subject is using molecular simulation to study how molecules permeate through polymeric membranes and to investigate the interaction between polymer and solvent. At the present stage, we concentrate on studying the permeation of drug molecules. The next step is to look into the relationship between the polymer-solvent interaction and the microstructure of the solution they form.
Tissue engineering is a major biomedical research stream in the 21st century. Our present research interest lies on preparation of scaffolds for tissue engineering. The material studied includes biodegradable PLGA, PLLA and chitosan. We are cooperating with the medical school to develop the GTR membranes and cell-specific bone regeneration scaffolds, for treating periodontal disease.
- Recent Research Topic
1.Effect of solvent quality on mass transfer and morphology evolution during membrane forming by vapor-induced phase separation 高分子溶劑之溶解力對蒸氣誘導相分離薄膜製程中質量傳遞及結構演變之影響 Da-Ming Wang. sponsored by National Science Council. NSC 97-2221-E-002-031- MY2. NT$947,000. 8/1/2009-7/31/2010
2.Membrane microstructure control and conditions of membrane preparation for nonsolvent induced phase separation 非溶劑誘導型相分離製程條件與膜孔微結構操控技術 Da-Ming Wang. sponsored by Industrial Technology Research Institute. NT$500,000. 4/1/2009-11/30/2009
- Editor, Journal of Chemical Engineering of Japan, 2009-now
- Editorial Board, Journal of Taiwanese Institute of Chemical Engineers, 2006-now
- Editorial Board, Applied Membrane Science and Technology, 2005-now
- Guest Editor, Advances in chitin/chitosan science and their applications, in Carbohydrate Polymers, 2010
- Plenary lecturer, AMS6 (Aseanian Membrane Society), Sydney, Nov. 22-26, 2010.
- 台大慶齡工業研究中心主任 (2011/8-now)
- 台大慶齡工業研究中心副主任 (2007/8-2011/7)
- 輸送現象暨應用研討會籌備委員 (2001-2009)
- Scientific Committee Member, AMS5 (Aseanian Membrane Society) 2009, Kobe, July 12-14, 2009
- Scientific Committee Member, AMS7 (Aseanian Membrane Society) 2012, Busan, July 4-6, 2012
- Scientific Committee Member, AMS8 (Aseanian Membrane Society), Xian, July 16-19, 2013.
- The Representative Publication Recent 5-years Publication
- Y.S. Luo, K.C. Cheng, C.L. Wu, C.Y. Wang, T.H. Tsai, D.M. Wang, “Preparation of epoxy monoliths via chemically induced phase separation”, Colloid Polym. Sci., 291, 1903-1912 (2013). (SCI)
- A. Venault, Y. Chang, D.M. Wang, D. Bouyer, “A Review on Polymeric Membranes and Hydrogels Prepared by Vapor-Induced Phase Separation Process”, Polym. Rev., 53, 568-626 (2013). (SCI)
- D.M. Wang, J.Y. Lai, “Recent advances in preparation and morphology control of polymeric membranes formed by nonsolvent induced phase separation”, Current Opinion in Chemical Engineering, 2, 229-237 (2013). (SCI)
- A. Venault, Y. Chang, J.R. Wu, D.M. Wang, “Influence of solvent composition and non-solvent activity on the crystalline morphology of PVDF membranes prepared by VIPS process and on their arising mechanical properties”, J. Taiwan Inst. Chem. Engr., 45, 1087-1097(2014). (SCI)
- R.Y. Tsai, S.C. Hung, J.Y. Lai, D.M. Wang, H.J. Hsieh, “Electrospun chitosan–gelatin–polyvinyl alcohol hybrid nanofibrous mats: production and characterization”, J. Taiwan Inst. Chem. Engr., 45, 1975-1981(2014). (SCI)
- R.Y. Tsaia, P.W. Chen, T.Y. Kuo, C.M. Lin, D.M. Wang, T.Y. Hsien, H.J. Hsieh “Chitosan/pectin/gum Arabic polyelectrolyte complex: Process-dependent appearance, microstructure analysis and its application”, Carbo. Polym., 101, 752-759(2014). (SCI) (合著)
- C.L Lai, Y.J. Fu, J.T. Chen, D.M. Wang, Y.M. Sun, S.H. Huang, W.S. Hung, C.C. Hu, K.R. Lee, “Composite of cyclic olefin copolymer with low graphene content for transparent water-vapor barrier films”, Carbon, 90, 85-93 (2015).(SCI)
- R.Y. Tsai, T.Y. Kuo, S.C. Hung, C.M. Lin, T.Y. Hsien, D.M. Wang, H.J. Hsieh, “Use of gum arabic to improve the fabrication of chitosan-gelatin-based nanofibers for tissue engineering”, Carbohydrate Polymers, 115, 525-532 (2015). (SCI) (合著)
- P.C. Li, G.M. Liao, S.R. Kumar, C.M. Shih, C.C. Yang, D.M. Wang, S.J. Lue, “Fabrication and characterization of chitosan nanoparticle incorporated quaternized poly(vinyl alcohol) composite membranes as solid electrolytes for direct methanol alkaline fuel cells”, Electrochimica Acta, 187, 616-628 (2016).(SCI)
- W.C. Wu, D.M. Wang, Y.C. Lin, C.A. Dai, K.C. Cheng, M.S. Hu, B.S. Lee, “Hydrogen bonds of a novel resin cement contribute to high adhesion strength to human dentin”, Dental Materials, 32, 114-124 (2016). (SCI)
- W.L. Hung, D.M. Wang, J.Y. Lai, S.C. Chou, “On the initiation of macrovoids in polymeric membranes – effect of polymer chain entanglement”, J. Membrane Sci., 505, 70-81 (2016). (SCI)
- S.L. Su, D.M. Wang, J.Y. Lai, “Critical residence time in metastable region – a time scale determining the demixing mechanism of nonsolvent induced phase separation”, J. Membrane Sci., 529, 35-46 (2017). (SCI)
- Y.H. Li, D.M. Wang, T.Y. Hsien; K.Y. Chan, J.Y. Lai, “Polymer inclusion membranes with strip dispersion”, Water, 9, 399 (2017). (SCI)