long lasting clean hydrogen technology
we dearly cherish our brief encounter with fossil fuel in our lifetime by striving to achieve higher energy efficiency and lower carbon waste from the development of compact, simpler, economical and safer hydrogen technology and facility.We, my students and colleagues in Green Hydrotec Inc, has had several #1 or pioneer achievements in the catalysis and Pd-membrane. permeation for the developments of hydrogen technology.
Catalytic heating by oxidation catalyst
fter grasping the unique character of hBn, we first completed the development of Pt-hBN catalyst for VOC, we then moved on to disperse it on the support to achieve a extremely stable and reactive combustion catalyst for flameless catalytic heating with a compact heater to alleviate the need of large chamber and NOx formation.
Hydrogen spillover in the membrane catalytic reactor
In 2002 and 2004 we first recognized the role of hydrogen spillover from the catalyst site to the membrane surface bringing about the rate enhancement of steam reforming reaction. 2009 we further found that the hydrogen spillover can be channeled and extended to enhance the hydrogen permeation through the membrane.
1. Harey H.F. Wang, S.C. Chen and M.H. Rei, “Onsite hydrogen production with compac methanol reformers,” Intern’l J. Hydrogen Energy., In review.
2. Min-Hon Rei, Guanf-Ting Yeh, Yu-Hsiu, Yu-Ling Kao and Lie-Ding Shiau, “The effect of hydrogen spillover on the palladium membrane reactor in the steam reforming reactions,” J. Membr. Sci.In review.
3. M.H. Rei, “A decade’s study and development of palladium membrane in Taiwan,” J.TICE, 40(2009), 238-245.
4. Chen, S.C., Hung, C.C.Y., Tu, G.C., Rei, M.H., “Perturbed hydrogen permeation of a hydrogen mixture-New phenomena in hydrogen permeation by Pd membrane,” Intern’l J. Hydrogen Energy., 33(2008), 1880-1889.
5. S.C. Chen, G.C. Tu , Caryat C.Y. Hung, C.A. Huang, M.H. Rei, “Preparation of Palladium-membrane by electroplating on AISI 316 porous stainless steel supports and its use for methanol steam reformer,” J. Membr. Sci., 314(2008), 5-14.
6. C.C.Y.Hung, M.H Rei, ” Constant concentration method of measuring hydrogen permeation from a hydrogen mixture with Pd membrane” JCICE, 38(2007), 341-348.
7. Bin.M.H.Rei,G.T.Yeh, C.W. Pan, “Catalysis-spillover-membrane-2  the rate enhancement of methanol steam reforming reaction in a membrane catalytic reactor”, Catal. Today, 97(2004), 167-172.
8 .M.H.Rei, C.K.Tsui, C.W. Pan, Y.M.Lin, “Steam reforming reaction of methanol with a membrane reactor -catalysis-spillover-membrane-“ Studies in Surface Science and Catalysis, 145(2002), 103-108.
9. J.C.-S. Wu, Z.-A.Lin, J.-W. Pan, M.-H. Rei, “A novel boron nitride supported Pt catalyst for VOC incineration”, Appl. Catal. 219(2001), 117-124.
10, Y.-M.Lin, M.-H Rei, “Separation of hydrogen from the gas mixture out of catalytic reformer by using supported palladium membrane”, Separ. Purific. Tech. 25(2001), 87-95.
11, Y.-M. Lin, M.-H Rei, “Study on the hydrogen production from methanol steam reforming in supported palladium membrane reactor”, Catal. Today, 67(2001), 77-84.
12. Y.-M. Lin, M.-H Rei, “Process development for generating high purity hydrogen by using supported palladium membrane reactor as steam reformer”, Intnl. J. Hydrogen Energy, 25(2000), 211-219..